Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gaudy Me project

I received a call one afternoon from the manager of "Gaudy Me" in Tyler, Texas.  They needed a website makeover and were considering me for the job.  I was honored, to say the very least.

Gaudy Me (a/k/a Dressin Gaudy) is located in Longview, Tyler, Canton (Tx) and Branson, Mo.  For 20 years they have offered up young, hip and contemporary fashions to many a lucky lady. 

Tim, co-owner, wanted a web design that was "glam-gaudy, brave and bold."  His color request was distressed black (being dominant), gold and turquoise.  As a roadmap to where they were headed, designwise, I was presented with several
objets d' art to be my guide...


Hmmm... Here is my challenge:  Marry gaudy-glam, young, hip with a neoclassical flair, then translate it into an eye-popping 3D-ish website.   Talk about juxtaposition.

Let's just say that this one intimidated me.  I fretted, I stressed, I prayed over it.  Then I decided to follow my gut and add my "signature red" to the mix (#c61e1a -- Oh MEOOWW!)   This is the result:

mockup 1
mockup 2

This week the wonderful folks at Gaudy Me will start filling their new website to the brim with glam/gaudy treasures.  I am very honored to have been selected to re-design Gaudy Me's new website.  You can visit them here:  Gaudy Me

No comments: