Thursday, January 13, 2011

The man, the muse, the moon... he's from Tulsa, ya'all!

While there are so many who strike some inner chord for me artistically, there is only one that causes me to percolate, to ponder and puzzle over color arrays, origination, or the theatricals of shadow-play between items in perfectly displayed collages... Mr. Charles Faudree.

Mr. Faudree is considered among his contemporaries as the master.  He has been selected among design authorities to be one of the most talented interior designers in the world.  You can see his work commonly in Veranda, House Beautiful, Southern Living, Southern Accents, Traditional Home, Renovations Style, House and Garden and Country Living -- to name a few.  Mr. Charles Faudree is my champion.

Mr. Faudree wrote a preface to his book in Country French Living called "My Favorite Things"  His preface made me laugh out loud.  His honest account of the raw emotions and joy that come from designing for clients resonates loudly for me.

I thank him, and his creative team, for the dedication to translate the art that flows from within him.  I thank him for the brave way in which he carries the divine Faudree inspiration.

Like myself, at age 40, Mr. Faudree decided to break with the conventional, corporate world to pursue strong design "urgings." He became inspired to collect his favorite design projects in a book, which eventually turned into several.

I keep a copy of "Signature," "Interiors," and "French Living" in my sunroom. "Interiors" and "French Living" are recent acquisitions.  However, I can honestly say that I have perused "Signature" at least 100 times over the years, along with many great delicious cups of coffee or glasses of wine.  "Signature" is my companion. Our springer spaniel, Darcy, chewed a corner of that book.  I was furious! Still am... I think.   I vowed to replace the book -- replace the dog!   I have done neither.




(Mr. Faudree's books are like beautiful "browsing" vacations)

No comments: